01 Sep Natural Honey Face Wash
Here’s an experiment in natural beauty for you to try, it requires moving a kitchen cupboard ingredient to the bathroom cabinet.
You may well have heard about honey being used in lots of natural skincare products but did you ever consider just using it raw?
Did you know…
1. Honey naturally contains something called gluconic acid, which helps to brighten your complexion, even out skin tone, and reduces the appearance of scars.
2. When mixed with water, honey releases hydrogen peroxide, which stops bacterial growth. This is brilliant for reducing the occurrence of acne.
3. Honey also has the ability to hold a lot of moisture. It softens and nourishes dry areas of skin, making it ideal for people with a combination complexion.
Why did I want to try it?
My skin has always been a weak area; my supposed barometer of health always registers a little low. I grew up with acne and at times I’m still prone to breakouts.
Over the years I have tried every soap, face wash and facial on offer. Goodness only knows how much money I’ve unsuccessfully spent trying to find my very own wonder product.
Eventually I gave up; I surrendered and accepted that I’d just never have good skin. Thankfully I also realized that beauty is more than skin deep.
So, I no longer believed in the empty promises of chemical based manufactured cosmetics but I will always believe in the power of nature.
When I read about the possible benefits of the natural bee bum syrup that we call honey I just had to find out for myself if there was any truth in it.
For the past two months I’ve been washing my face in the lovely Sheffield Honey Company’s – Blossom Honey, morning and night.
Since using honey as a face wash I can honestly say that I haven’t had one single spot. Wowzers, that’s impressive!
And to top it off I’ve also been complemented on my healthy glow! TWICE!
So that’s me sold! Honey where have you been all my life? You’re the wonder product I’ve been looking for!
What type of honey to use
Runny and raw
A good quality raw honey is always best. Cheaper jars found in supermarkets have been heat-treated and therefore lost all their sweet honey goodness.
The Sheffield Honey Company is an artisan producer of premium quality honey, with hives are based all around my local town. The honey goes straight from hive to jar by hand. Perfect!
Honey Face Wash, How To –
– Wet your hands and face.
– Stick two fingers in the jar of honey and take out approximately a teaspoon amount.
– Rub the honey onto your face.
– (Lick your lips!)
– Rinse with water.
– Apply your favourite oil. (Mine is Coconut)
Et voila! Beautiful!
How do you feel about running honey all over your face, are you going to give it a try?